Thursday, 28 January 2010

Post for Hannah

GOOD WEBSITE: http://www.rfu.com/

For my example of a good website I looked at the Rugby Football Union webpage. I use the framework below in red to evaluate it.

Relevance of Information:

›› Content

›› Understandable

›› Updated

The information provided on the website was of high relevance as well as being understandable. The content was covered a broad range of topics and was clearly updated regularly.

Layout of webpage:

›› Easily accessible

The website was easily accessible and clear for viewers to navigate themselves round the different elements of the website.

Navigation:

›› To much or to little information?

There was enough information on the webpage without it being overcrowded, it also had different sources of media such as photos and pictures which broke up the text and gave it a refreshing look.

Links:
›› Any broken links?

›› Problems accessing webpages

There were no broken links or any problems with accessing webpage’s shown on the RFU site and all the information in the links were relevant.

Searching:

›› Search Bar/Menu/A-Z

As well as a search bar to search the website there is also a search bar to find your local rugby club which is very useful and is also located on the front page which allows the viewer easy access rather than searching the whole website for it.

Downloadable resources:

›› Problems with downloads

I had no problems with downloading word documents or e flyers from the rugby website and it was still easy straight forward in completing this task.

BAD WEBSITE: http://www.moosenetwork.com/

For my example of a bad website I looked at the Moose travel tours webpage. I use the framework below in red to evaluate it.

Relevance of Information:

›› Content

›› Understandable

›› Updated

Although the information was of relevance some was not as clear and understandable; it did not seem to be updated as prices of tours had changed when I later emailed them.

Layout of webpage:

›› Easily accessible

The layout was a little confusing as there is so much going on on the front page at once.

Navigation:

›› To much or to little information?

There were links but I had to scroll through a lot of pages to find the information I needed.

Links:

›› Any broken links?

›› Problems accessing webpages

There were a few broken links which were not updated and fixed which made the website look unprofessional.

Searching:

›› Search Bar/Menu/A-Z

There is no search bar which made it more effort to find relevant information.

Downloadable resources:

›› Problems with downloads

I did download anything simply as this was not relevant for this website.

No comments: