Monday, 25 January 2010

I've been having all sorts of electronic problems, trying to "post" remotely!

So I think I'll begin with comments about all websites-this covers my "bad" website bit!

There is a general assumption that everyone, everywhere, can get access to the net. This isn't true! There's a vast amount of the population that have never accessed a website-& probably never will.

I'm not being a technophobe but I think that every website should have some support mechanism for those that are having problems accessing. Furthermore, I think they should try to make sure that their information can be gleaned from other sources, to ensure that they are inclusive & not exclusive!

That's my rant over....I do like some websites & the one I feel is addressing my points, as for each category, the information could be obtained from other sources, is:

www.direct.gov.uk

This has been re-launched to supply web based information to those that have ready access & a "glossy" advertising campaign is being run to raise awareness. (I won't comment on the adverts!)

The website itself is very user friendly as it takes you to where you want to go.

It is easy to read & each category is well laid out.

All the usual features (such as a search facility) are included &, in my experience, they have helped me in my endeavours, instead of causing me immense frustration!

I'd give this website an overall 9/10.

No comments: